Swift secures 5 – year Shell Prelude LNG services contract
- Swift Networks wins material contract to provide entertainment, connectivity, maintenance and support to Shell’s Prelude LNG Project offshore WA
- Contract to run for an initial period of five years and continues Swift’s healthy recent organic and acquisition-led growth in recurring revenue
- Swift remains well positioned to continue driving expansion in new and existing markets in Australia and abroad
Perth, Australia — Leading digital entertainment and communications service provider Swift Networks Group Limited (ASX: SW1, “the Company”) is pleased to announce that it has won a material long-term contract to supply design, construction, maintenance and support services to Shell’s Prelude LNG project offshore Western Australia.
Through its agreements with Shell and NOKIA, the contract will see Swift deliver a broad suite of entertainment and connectivity services to Prelude for an initial period of five years.
At Prelude, Shell is developing the world’s largest offshore floating facility to produce LNG at sea and the facility will include all the necessary accommodation to house its workforce.
It is anticipated that through the 5.3 million tonne per annum facility, Shell and its partners will spend at least the next 20 years developing the gas fields approximately 475 kilometres northeast of Broome in Western Australia.
Swift Networks Chief Executive Officer, Xavier Kris, said:
“We are excited to support Shell on Prelude, which is one of the world’s most significant LNG projects.”
“Shell faced a significant technical challenge in keeping its offshore workers entertained, informed and connected. We are pleased that the recognition of Swift’s technological capabilities has led Shell to invite us to provide a comprehensive telecommunication and digital entertainment solution to the Prelude project.”
“This long-term contract reflects Shell’s confidence in the quality of our world-class entertainment and communication systems, and in the reliability of our hardware and support. We are looking forward to commencing work at Prelude as we continue to develop our healthy book of recurring business.”
Swift will design, construct and supply a communications system and associated infrastructure to provide entertainment services to the Prelude floating facility.
For an initial period of five years, Swift will deliver the following services through its fully integrated services platform:
- Foxtel TV
- Free-to-air TV
- Hollywood movies on demand
- Wireless Internet via Nextgen subsea optical fibre cable
- Custom alerting and messaging, with connection to public address and general alarm (PAGA) systems for extending communication to all screens in the event of an emergency
- Wellbeing and Corporate information channels
- Ongoing maintenance and support with 24×7 helpdesk
Swift looks forward to further entrenching its position as a telecommunication and digital entertainment service provider of choice to the mining and oil and gas industries, while the Company continues to execute its expansion into the hospitality, aged care and retirement village sectors.
For more information, please contact:
Chief Executive Officer
+61 8 6103 7595 / email@example.com
Investor and Media Relations
+61 468 420 846 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For the full list of our ASX Announcements, please click the button below.